Monday, September 12, 2016

Back of the Book Blurb #25 Challenge

From Sioux's Page, Sioux offers this challenge.
 
She posts a picture and you need to imagine it as a graphic for a book. You choose the genre and book title, and then write a blurb that might appear on the back of the book.

The blurb should be 150 words or less (not including the title).
The genre is wide-open.
Each blogger should include their blurb on their own blog, and link back to this post.
Have fun with it. Go to the other posts and comment on the other blurbs. 
You can do fancy techy things with the photo.

(Join in if you dare...! It sounds like fun! I think this would be a lot of fun to do with students especially since they would be expected to write 150 words or less!)


Marley


Marley would bark as soon as my key would touch the door. In the mornings, Marley would wake me up. Marley was my constant companion at home and he was a girl’s best friend! I never was lonely and he gave me comfort when I was sad. If someone came to visit, he would bark and let me know someone was there. I always felt safe with Marley there. Then one day I was asked on a date by this really cute guy at work. I had hoped for weeks that he would ask me out. When he showed up at my door, Marley greeted him by barking. Imagine his surprise when I let him in and he found out that Marley…was a bird. The rest of the date was just as surprising. Read on to find out how it went and how Marley continued to change my life. (149 words)

1 comment:

Val said...

Didn't see THAT one coming! Well done!