Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The Words We Live By – Book Review

I recently read Words to Live By by Linda R. Monk. I got this book from Netgalley and I am not being paid for this review.

I really enjoyed this book, which explains the United States Constitution in ways that an every day person can understand. It is broken down into simple chunks and discussed.

This would be a great book to study in a US History class. Students of today don’t really understand what their rights are other than what they hear about on TV or in the news. This would give them first hand knowledge about what the Constitution really says and what it means.

I would highly recommend this book for the classroom and in the school library. It might be a good book for families to read together and discuss as a family.

No comments: