Thursday, January 21, 2016

Balancing My Life

In Seth Godin’s lesson about balance from Lucacept - intercepting the Web,  jennylu shares,

“Seth got me thinking about the things I don’t do that help me retain a semblance of balance in my life.”

This statement had me thinking about things that I don’t do in order to keep balance in my life.  It is harder to think about the things that I don’t do instead of the things I do. This would be a great exercise for students to do because it makes them aware of what is going on in their lives.

I don’t hang around people who are negative a majority of the time.

I don’t say yes to everyone who wants something knit for them.

I don’t say yes to everyone who wants me to do something.  I’ve always had a hard time saying o but it is getting easier.  

I don’t listen to the voice in my head that tries to stop me from exercising regularly.

I don’t reread a lot of books that I’ve already read before so I can push myself to read new books.

I don’t drop out of a couple of groups that I enjoy but I don’t have time for right now. I want to stay connected.

I don’t forget to keep lists of things that need to be done.

I don’t try to clean my whole house all at one time. This leads to failure, which makes me not want to do that anymore.

I don’t try to eat all the things I want to eat because I realize it isn’t always the best thing to do.

I don’t spend a lot of time worrying about things that I can’t control.

What do you not do in order to keep balance in your life? Please share.




No comments: