Thursday, September 17, 2015

Making Decisions

In Life Lesson #5 From Camel’s Hump from Janet Given's Blog, Janet Givens,

“How about you? What’s your history tackling decisions?”

Sometimes I get so wrapped up in the decision making that I get paralyzed with fear of making the wrong choice.

Or sometimes there are too many choices that I feel overwhelmed. When this happens, I try to narrow it down to wear I end up with only 2 best choices.

Sometimes making the decision isn’t as important as the process getting there. While going through the process towards a certain choice, I might find out that the other choice is the better choice.

Depending on the type of situation, I might make a list of positive and negative points about making a certain decision. I try to pick the choice that has the most positive points.

Many times I like asking the opinion of different people so I can see the problem from a different perspective. Sometimes the consensus is all the same and sometimes there are differences of opinion. Having others explain why they would pick a certain choice and not another. That helps me clarify the issues surrounding certain choices.

I sometimes have to ask myself what is the worst thing that could happen if I pick one over another. Sometimes it really doesn’t matter and I just figure that the journey of getting there is more important.

I think it is important to help students see that there are different ways to make a decision. It is important to see that sometimes we might need to try different ways to reach this decision.

How do you make a  decision? Please share.

No comments: