Tuesday, August 11, 2015

This is Where It Ends – Book Review

I recently read the book This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp.  This is the review of this book (I am not being paid to give this review).

This book was spellbinding and hard to put down because I wanted to see what would happen next. It is about a school shooting tragedy that happens and told through different students’ voices. As you read this story, you feel as if you are right there experiencing it with the students. I could see this situation happening in real life, which made it even more terrifying. I kept imagining what I would do if I were in that situation and how I would react. The feelings that the individual students had were easy to relate to.

I would recommend this book for a high school library and I think teachers and students would want to read this book. I can see it being used for a class novel and used in different kinds of activities.  It also lends itself to many discussions about school safety, peer relationships, abuse (parental and boyfriend), alcoholism, bullying, following your dreams, homosexuality, and fear.

No comments: