Monday, May 4, 2015

Monthly Review of Goals for April

April was an awesome month for me goal wise! I had a very productive month and tried to stay on course.

Yearly goals:

1.     Reach my target weight by the end of the year. – My weight went up and down about a half a pound every week.

2.     Finish knitting my Fair Isle vest. – I finished my vest and I love it!

3.     Spin 4 lbs. of fiber for the year.  
a.     January – spun 4 oz. of Into the Whirled “Rhinebeck”, 4 oz. Hobbledehoy Gemmy Bats
b.     February – spun 4 oz. of Fiber Optic “Turquoise to Tangerine Gradient”; started on 4 oz. of Pumpkin Queen.
c.     March – spun 4 oz. of Miss Bab’s “Blackwatch” that I bought in 2011.
d.     April – spun 5.4 oz. of Loop’s Bullseye Bump in the “Somewhere” colorway and 4 oz. of Highland Handmades Mashan fiber in the  “Talbot” colorway.
Total: 25.4 oz.

4.     Use at least 4 skeins of my handspun this year. –
a.     January - Basket Weave scarf
b.     February – Summer Shadows shawl by Angelea McGarrah
c.     March – working on the Oaklet Shawl
d.     April – Oaklet Shawl

5.     Dye my own yarn or fiber – dyed some KnitPicks fingering yarn in indigo

6.     Walk at least 1200 miles this year.
a.     January - 157.71 miles (avg. 5.1 miles per day)
b.     February - 148.34 miles (avg. 5.3 miles per day)
c.     March -  182.63 miles (5.9 miles per day) I’m really happy with the mileage I got this month!
d.     April -   181.6 miles (6.1 miles per day) I really rocked on my mileage and my daily average this month!

Daily/Weekly/Monthly goals: Last year, I only had a 60% successful completion rate so I am aiming to do better than that this year.

1.     Daily – Name 3 things that I’m grateful for each morning. – I do this every morning before I get out of bed.

2.     Daily – A Photo A Day project – I’ve kept up with this and really enjoy the comments and suggestions I have gotten. I enjoy looking at other people’s pictures too.

3.     Weekly – Contact a friend and tell them something nice. – I really like doing this.
a.     January - I went out to lunch with my friend Sandy one week and I’ve contacted others through Facebook.  
b.     February - Contacted long distance friends on Facebook and wished them happy birthday!
c.      March – kept up with friends on social networking and tried to schedule lunch with my friends Sandy and Sylvia but they were either going out of town or having to work.
d.     April -  Contacted some friends but couldn’t ever work out a day we could meet for lunch.

4.      Weekly – Work in my yard/garden at least once a week.
a.     January - It has been too cold in January to do too much but I’ve blown the leaves out of the driveway, raked leaves in the back yard, and fed my worms.
b.     February – raked leaves out of the backyard, removed branches that have littered the yard.
c.     March – weeded, cut dead stuff from winter, fertilized the lawn
d.     April – weeded and edged my flower beds, set up 2 new rain barrels, dug out rusty pole in concrete which was in the middle of the lawn.

5.     Monthly – Knit 10 squares on my Mitered Square Sock Yarn blanket. (Total 120 for the year)
a.     January – completed 10 squares
b.     February – completed 15 squares
c.     March – completed 11 squares
d.     April – completed 11 squares
Total - 47

6.     Monthly - Read one non-fiction book every month. I really enjoyed doing this last year and it forced me to read books out of my comfort zone.
a.     January – The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
b.     February - The Roosevelts: An Intimate History by Geoffrey C. Ward and Ken Burns
c.     March – Publish on Amazon Kindle by Kindle Direct Publishing
d.     April – The History of Hand Knitting by Richard Rudd

How are you doing so far with your goals? Join me in the monthly review and let me know how you are doing!

Image: 'Goals' 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68131855@N00/739519564
Found on 
flickrcc.net

2 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Well, to report on how my progress is, I guess I need to set goals. Right?

My (unspoken) goal has been to become more active. Since I coach Girls on the Run and since I have a puppy (that needs to be walked on a regular basis) I HAVE been more active in the last year. However, I will think about specific, reachable goals...

As far as writing, my manuscript is in a rut. I definitely need to set some goals about working on it.

Thanks for the nudge, Pat. It sounds like you're doing a wonderful job of moving forward. You are one determined lady.

loonyhiker said...

@Sioux I found that having yearly goals and looking at them once a year was useless for me. It was "out of sight out of mind!" But holding myself accountable every month and forcing myself to post about it in my blog has really helped me stick to them. Plus it also made me choose realistic goals and not crazy ones that I wish would happen but know they weren't possible at this time. Good luck with your goals!