Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Learn Me Gooder – A book review

LearnMeGooderI recently read the book Learn Me Gooder by John Pearson and wanted to share this review with you. I did get a free book by agreeing to write a review on Amazon and B&N.com – good or bad. Those of you who know me, know that I love free books! Plus I love the thought of writing a review, good or bad. If I know I’m not obligated to write a post just praising something even if I don’t like it, I am more apt to be honest and can read something with an open mind.

Well, let me get to the point about this book. Here is the review I left on Amazon and B&N.com:

I loved this book!! It was an awesome book to read! It was stories written as emails to someone about happenings in a classroom. Of course some of it was fictionalized in order to protect the names of the “innocent” and also to make it more entertaining. Not only was it an easy read, but I could not put it down! I had it loaded into my kindle and as I read it, I had to keep reading funny parts to my husband! He had heard so many funny stories of my own that he could relate to the stories mentioned in this book.

As a teacher, I could actually relate to many of the incidents that this poor teacher talks about! The humor in the classroom was great because as teachers, sometimes we need to laugh and even enjoy our situations. Even though some of the stories were somewhat fictionalized, I could actually see the thread of truth in them from my own experiences. It also brought back many poignant memories from my own teaching experience.

I believe that all teachers, teaching any subject on any level, would love reading this book! I highly recommend it to everyone in the education field.

Posted on the Successful Teaching Blog by loonyhiker (successfulteaching at gmail dot com).

No comments: