Friday, September 16, 2011

Useful Information In and Out of the Classroom 9/16/11

tools1(Today marks the day this blog is 4 years old!! I would never have dreamed that I would enjoy having one this long! It truly is a labor of love and I truly love it! Thanks to all my readers who inspire and motivate me to continue doing this.)

Here are some interesting sites that I’ve found this week, thanks to my PLN. As a teacher, I feel we have to keep up to date concerning research in our field and current issues in the education system. I hope some of these inspire you, inform you, and even have you asking questions. Thank you for coming by and visiting!

Blank Sheet Music – free

Who Wants to Win a Million Dollars? – free science game

Culturally Situated Design Tools – “Many cultural designs are based on mathematical principles. This software will help students learn standards-based mathematics as they simulate the original artifacts, and develop their own creations.”

CleVR - is a seriously easy way of creating and sharing panoramic photos for free.

30 years, 135 launches in 135 seconds - In honor of the final launch of NASA's shuttle program, we've condensed video of 135 launches into 135 seconds.

Posted on the Successful Teaching Blog by loonyhiker (successfulteaching at gmail dot com).

Original Image: Pat Hensley

1 comment:

jfb57 said...

Happy blog Birthday Pat!