Friday, April 9, 2010

Useful Information In and Out of the Classroom 4/9/10

tools2 Here are some interesting sites that I’ve found this week, thanks to my Personal Learning Network (PLN). As a teacher, I feel we have to keep up to date concerning research in our field and current issues in the education system. I hope some of these inspire you, inform you, and even have you asking questions. Thank you for coming by and visiting!
Exploratree - “is a free web resource where you can access a library of ready-made interactive thinking guides, print them, edit them or make your own. You can share them and work on them in groups too.”
Math Live – animated lessons to teach math skills
Fodey – create fake newspaper clippings; could be used to write stories about the classroom or school
Creative Educator – great free resource for lessons, articles, connections. You can download the issues or read them online.
Harvest of HistoryExplore the Village to find out where your food comes from, how and where it grows, and compare life in 1845 with our modern world. Then produce your own movie with the Village Videomaker.”
Original image: Tools by Pat Hensley
Posted on the Successful Teaching Blog by loonyhiker (successfulteaching at gmail dot com).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are excellent resources! I am always on the lookout for great new websites to add to my school website for the kids to use, I will be adding all of these! I may have some that you like too http://www.mansd.org/mcdonough

globalization said...

I hope my blog will provide new information and I hope we can exchange links thank you for pushing our friendship