Thursday, February 9, 2023

Grandpa's Window - A Book Review

I recently read Grandpa’s Window by Laura Gehl It will be released on March 14, 2023.I read a review copy compliments of Netgalley and I am not being paid to give this review.

This children’s book was well-written and illustrated. The topic deals with Grandpa’s health and how it declines while he is in the hospital. There is a close relationship between the child and the grandpa but we see how Daria handles each situation. Reading this aloud to a child who may be dealing with the death of a loved one can open up a discussion that the child might not know how to initiate. This can be read by the parent or a teacher. If read during a class, there might be more than one child who would benefit from this discussion.

I would highly recommend this book to teachers and parents. If you read it, please let me know what you think.

No comments: