Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Summer Learning Place 2022

Today begins our first day of Summer Learning Place 2022. It is actually my graduate class: EDEX962. My students will be the teachers of this one-month summer program. Since I only have 2 students (the teachers) this year, we will only have 10 children in the program. Each teacher has a caseload of 5 students and is responsible for all paperwork and communication with parents concerning these students. The children attend Monday through Thursday from 8:30 - 11:30. The teachers are required to be there from 8 - 12.

I will observe each of these teachers daily and formally evaluate a reading, math, and writing lesson. They will turn in a lesson plan prior to each formal evaluation and I will use rubrics to grade their lesson plan and their actual teaching of the lesson.

Each teacher will create a blog and write about their experience in this class. They will also reflect on the lesson I evaluated by talking about what worked, what didn’t, and what they would do differently. I believe this is very important in helping them become better teachers.

I look forward to working with these teachers and children! It is my favorite time of the year!

Original photo by Pat Hensley

No comments: