Thursday, December 31, 2020

Thinking of January

It is at this time that I think of how I want to start the new year. I don’t like resolutions, but I do like setting goals. This might be something you want to do so when you see your students again, you will be able to share examples with them.

Here are some ideas:
  • Reflection of the previous year
  • Word of the Year
  • Goals for the Year (to be reviewed monthly)
What I like about the new year is that it makes me feel like I have a fresh new start. I start with a clean blank slate and I can make this year whatever I choose to make it.

I am not powerless. My mental attitude can make a big difference on how this year turns out. There are many things I can’t control but the one thing I can control are my own actions.

Reflecting on the previous year helps me see what changes I might want to make in the upcoming year.

My word of the year helps me stay focused on what mental attitude I want to have.

Reviewing my goals monthly keeps me on track and makes my goals more likely to be accomplished.

Once I have these done, I will have my students do the same activities and keep in a journal. Every month, I will have them review their word and their goals to see if they are moving forward. Each month gives them a brand new start if they need the motivation to continue to work towards their goals.

What plans do you have for the new year? Please share.

No comments: