Monday, August 17, 2020

Learn from Lessons

In Don’t waste the lesson from Seth Godin's Blog, Seth Godin states,

“If we find the lesson and learn from it, it might be even more valuable than if we’d simply gotten lucky.”

Right now, my passion is knitting. I’m not a great knitter. In fact, I’m not even a good knitter but I enjoy it. I like seeing the end product. Sometimes it doesn’t come out like I wanted it to but I’m usually happy with the end result. I might make a garment that is too big or too small but it looks like the picture in the pattern.

Recently I’m trying something new. I’m working on a colorwork sock and this technique is something that I’ve never done before. I finished one sock and I learned something valuable. I learned that I should have made a larger size for my foot. Even though the first sock looks great, it is really hard to get on my foot. It would probably look great on a smaller foot and luckily, my daughter has a smaller foot. When I finish the second sock, I will have her try it on and see if it fits her. If it does, I will give it to her as a gift. But I learned something important in this lesson about the size.

Since March, I have learned so many things about myself and my habits! I have learned to be a better shopper so that I don’t have to go to the grocery store as often as we used to do. I’ve learned to attend online workshops and focus more when I’m in these workshops. I’ve learned to organize my home better. I’ve learned how nice my yard and gardens look when I regularly work in them.

During this summer, I ran an online education program and I hope my teachers learned some valuable lessons that they can use in the classroom this fall. I learned what I liked and what I didn’t like so that next summer if we have to hold it online, I can make the program even better.

I hope students who have been stuck at home since March have learned to value in-person learning. I hope they learned to appreciate their teachers, their peers, their friends, and even their families.

What lessons have you learned recently? Please share.

Photo by Tim Mossholder on Unsplash



No comments: