Monday, August 3, 2020

2020 Goals Review for July

July was a busy month. I was busy working and then my brother in law passed away suddenly. That put me in a kind of funk, and I didn’t eat as healthy as I would have liked.

1. Lose 5 lbs. Hopefully this year I will be able to meet this goal. – I was better about my sugar and step count this month. I increased my exercise so I feel healthier. In the last 2 weeks, I really worked on my eating and exercise habits and it really paid off. I lost 3 lbs. I really think I can reach my goal this year if I keep this up. 
202010,000 Steps +25g of sugar or less
Jan48%54%
Feb66%38%
Mar77%45%
Apr70%47%
May19%52%
Jun73%63%
Jul94%65%

2. Crafts – I’m on track for accomplishing this goal.
a. Knit 12 squares on my national park blanket. I have a total of 35 completed now. (There are 60 squares in the pattern, and this is year 3 of the project.)
i. Completed 9 squares this year
b. Charity – I want to crochet at least 3 prayer shawls and make 10 more NICU hats.
i. January – prayer shawl completed
ii. February – prayer shawl completed
iii. June – prayer shawl complete
iv. July – 5 NICU hats.
c. Knit a sweater. – Completed the Ground Pepper Sweater
d. Knit a ZigZag scarf – Completed
e. Repair the neckline on the Henley sweater I made a few years ago. – I looked at the sweater and realized that to fix the neckline, I would have to rip out both button bands and at this time, I’m not sure I want to do all that work so this goal probably won’t happen. I should receive partial credit for at least looking at it and considering it.

3. Read 12 nonfiction books that are related to nature. – I’m on track for accomplishing this goal.
a. The Eighty Dollar Champion: Snowman, The Horse That Inspired A Nation by Elizabeth Letts
b. A Lion Called Christian: The True Story of the Remarkable Bond between Two Friends and a Lion by Anthony Bourke and John Rendall
c. The Adventures of Henry Thoreau: A Young Man's Unlikely Path to Walden Pond by Michael Sims
d. The Story of My Boyhood and Youth by John Muir
e. The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating by Elisabeth Tova Bailey
f. The Invention of Nature: Alexander von Humboldt's New World by Andrea Wulf
g. The House of Owls by Tony Angell
h. Forces of Nature by Brian Cox
i. The Nature Fix by Florence Williams

How is your progress towards your goals? Please share.

Photo by 30daysreplay (PR & Marketing) on Unsplash

 

No comments: