Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Books that Give Me Comfort


In Comfort books from Blue Skunk Blog, Doug Johnson shares,

“Every now and then, I also find I need "comfort" books - books that I've read before and can relax in the re-reading of, knowing the plot and the characters.”

He asks that we share our comfort books. I loved this question because it really made me think of the books I love. Usually, I read a book once and I don’t come back to it. But there are some books that I would read again and again. Here are some books that I’ve read several times. When I can’t find something new to read or I just want to read something familiar, these are the books I come back to:

1.     To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
2.     The Harry Potter books by J K Rowling
3.     Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
4.     Books by Debbie Macomber
5.     A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
6.     The Hobbit by J R Tolkien
7.     Charlottes Web by E B White
8.     The Phantom Tollbooth by
9.     The Chronicles of Narnia by C S Lewis
10.  A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle

Many of these books bring me back to my school days. They bring good memories and give my heart warmth and comfort.

I want to give my students the same kinds of memories and hope to share some of my favorite books with them.

What are your comfort books?

Photo by freestocks.org on Unsplash



No comments: