Tuesday, May 28, 2019

10 Things I Know To Be True


In Poetic Postings Day # 3 from Sioux's Page, Sioux gave this prompt and shared 10 things she loves. 

“Today's prompt involved a list. Some suggestions: 10 things I'd change... 10 things I've learned... 10 things I know to be true.”

1.     I can’t expect others to respect me if I don’t value myself.
2.     I can do more things than I realized I can.
3.     If I believe I can’t do something, I won’t be able to do it even if I try.
4.     The only person I can always count on is myself.
5.     Asking for help is nothing to be ashamed about.
6.     Limits that others put on my ability may not be accurate and if I want to try something, I should find out my limitations on my own.
7.     Mistakes are real opportunities for improvement.
8.     Killing people with kindness goes further than revenge.
9.     My mother always told me, “What goes around, comes around.” And she was right.
10.  I am a lifelong learner and I learn something new every day!

This would be a fun activity to do with my students. I like that I was able to choose what ten things I wanted to list. I would give my students a choice of three things but not more than that.

What 10 things would you list? Please share.





No comments: