Monday, February 4, 2019

Review of Yearly Goals – January 2019

My yearly goals are:

1.     Lose 10 lbs. This seems to be my continuing goal each year and hopefully, this is the year that I reach it.
2.     Knit 12 squares on my national park blanket. (There are 60 squares in the pattern, and this is year 2 of the project.)
3.     Knit a sweater. 
4.     Finish my Squishy Blanket (pattern: Bits and Bobs by Kay Jones).
5.     Learn how to use my sewing machine.
6.     2019 Photo A Day Project – I participate in this every other year and I feel it helps me learn how to take better photos.
7.     Publish a book - This is a big one for me and I won’t believe it until the project is complete and I have a hard copy of the book in hand.
8.     Read 12 nonfiction books that are biographies or autobiographies.  If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave it in the comments.

Results: I’ve decided to color code my results. Red = bad, Green = Work in Progress, Strike through = completed.

1.     We went on a 2-week camping trip to Tampa, FL which means I did not eat that healthy or exercise regularly. I also drank a lot of diet soda and we ate out every day. I believe all of that soda and food had a lot of sodium which caused me to gain 3 lbs.  When we got home, I lost the 3 lbs. of water weight so I’m back to my original weight that I started with.
2.     I didn’t knit any squares for my national park blanket.
3.     I did start on my sweater which made me happy. I knit the entire yoke before realizing that I did the wrong size and it would be too small on me, so I had to rip it all out and start over. Then I thought I was done with the yoke and knit the short rows only to find out that I didn’t do a colorwork chart repeat so I had to rip back again.
4.     I have worked on my squishy blanket a little.
5.     I haven’t touched my sewing machine, but I have looked at sewing patterns for a long-gathered skirt.
6.     I’ve really enjoyed doing my photo a day project!
7.     I’ve turned in my revisions of my manuscript and at this time waiting to hear what other revisions need to be made from my editor.
8.     I’ve read 3 biographies:
a.     The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore
b.     High Calling: The Courageous Life and Faith of Space Shuttle Columbia Commander Rick Husband by Evelyn Husband.
c.     Miracles from Heaven by Christy Wilson Beam

Are you working on yearly goals? How are you doing? Please share.

Photo by Vek Labs on Unsplash

No comments: