Tuesday, October 3, 2017

My Mother

Today my mother would have been 88 years old. She was born in Jacksonville FL, lived most of her life in NY and died in West Palm Beach, FL in 1989. Her family was from Warm Springs, GA. She was one of seven children.

(Showing are my 2 favorite pictures of our family. I'm the youngest in the family. I was spoiled by everyone especially my two sisters: Betsy and Dotty!)

I remember:
·      She made most of my clothes when I was growing up.
·      She made my wedding dress which I never saw until the day before I got married and it fit perfectly.
·      She loved to knit and after I was married, she made our family matching sweaters for Christmas every year.
·      She was a heavy smoker and smoked Chesterfield Regulars.
·      She hated to drive but kept her license so she could be in the car with us as we learned to drive.
·      She never went to the doctor.
·      She never had a job because our family was her job.
·      She was always home when I got home from school.
·      She loved to read.
·      We gave her a kiss every time we left the house.
·      Her life revolved around our family.
·      She was a good mother and I always knew she loved me.

Even after all these years, I still miss her.





No comments: