Thursday, December 29, 2016

Wonder Questions


“In fact, the only homework that I regularly give students is writing two interesting wonder questions per week in a journal.”

Then Bill shares some of his students’ wonder questions.

I thought this was such a great idea for teachers to do. This would be a great thing for teachers to model.

I have a little notepad that I used to keep my questions in. Now I keep them on a list on my phone. Sometimes I will look up the answers on the internet and sometimes my questions don’t have a right or wrong answer.

I feel like coming up with questions helps to make me grow. This is one example of always learning. There is always something out there that I don’t know and this helps me put things in prospective.

Even though I write them down when I think of them, I need to make a more conscious effort of doing this on a regular basis.

Some of my questions may be easy ones for others but they are things that I don’t know or things I’m not sure about.

Here are some questions that came up this week:

What are symptoms of the flu?
What is the difference in cough medicine labeled CF and DM?
When does Hanukkah start?


-->
Do you have wonder questions? What have you asked this week? Do you do it on a regular basis? Please share.

No comments: