Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Replenishing

In My Chincoteague Retreat from Janet Given's Blog by Janet Givens, asks,

How about you? How do you carve out time to replenish yourself?

This is a great reminder that we need to replenish ourselves. We aren’t any good to anyone if we are all used up. It reminds me of that story where you want to keep your “bucket” full by being positive to others. When you let negative things affect you, it comes out of your bucket. One way to fill your bucket is to replenish yourself.

Here are some ways that I replenish myself.

Reading has been something I have loved to do ever since I was a little girl.  It is a form of escape for me and I enjoy it. By doing this I feel happy and relaxed. I like reading different types of genres depending on my mood.

Gardening is like painting in my yard. I like to choose different plants and colors to decorate my yard.   Planting flowers and vegetables make me feel productive. Even weeding can make me feel like I accomplish something. When I can see results from my hard work I feel even better.

Knitting makes me feel relaxed. When I end up with a finished product, I feel proud of what I’ve accomplished and myself.  Knitting prayer shawls for charity also helps me feel good about myself too.

Spinning makes me feel relaxed also. I like the feel of the fiber in my fingers as I spin yarn. When I’m finished I feel proud that I have something that I am able to knit with.

Hiking is a great physical activity that I find exciting and relaxing at the same time. I love being out in nature and seeing the world around me. I love seeing the flowers begin to appear in the spring and the colors of the leaves in the fall.

Camping is a great way to get away. When we go camping it is usually hard to use my cell phone or my laptop. This is a great way to force myself to disconnect from my electronics. It is easy to get in a rut and when I stay in a rut, my bucket empties.

What do you do to replenish yourself? Please share.

Image: 'Bucket and tap' 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/79699474@N00/3402551547
Found on flickrcc.net









No comments: