Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Jerry’s Magic – Book Review

I recently read the book Jerry’s Magic by W. W. Rowe. This is the review of this book (I am not being paid to give this review).

I loved the introduction or warning that the author starts the book off with and it had me hooked! I think anything with magic would interest most readers!

The story is about a ten year old boy who is coping with a life without his father who was killed in the Big War. He lives with his mother and uses his “magic” to cope with life.  It was an easy and fun story to read. I liked the story and was excited that the ending leads the reader to learn the story continues in another book.

This would be a good book to use for discussions on magic, death of a parent, lying, con artists, honesty, and homeless people.

I could see this book in a school library or a classroom. It would be appropriate for older elementary school children and younger middle school students.



No comments: