Monday, March 2, 2015

Monthly Review of Goals for February

February was an excellent month for working on my goals. The main reason is that we were home all month and got into routines that made it easier to work on my goals.  

Yearly goals:

1.     Reach my target weight by the end of the year. – my weight has gone up and down this month. I realize it goes up when I overindulge in potatoes and pasta. I need to avoid them except for a treat once in awhile.

2.     Finish knitting my Fair Isle vest. – I finished my vest and I love it!

3.     Spin 4 lbs. of fiber for the year.  
a.     January – spun 4 oz. of Into the Whirled “Rhinebeck”, 4 oz. Hobbledehoy Gemmy Bats
b.     February – spun 4 oz. of Fiber Optic “Turquoise to Tangerine Gradient”; started on 4 oz. of Pumpkin Queen.
Total: 12 oz.

4.     Use at least 4 skeins of my handspun this year. –
a.     January - Basket Weave scarf
b.     February – Summer Shadows shawl by Angelea McGarrah

5.     Dye my own yarn or fiber. (rolled over from last year)

6.     Walk at least 1200 miles this year.
a.     January - 157.71 miles (avg. 5.1 miles per day)
b.     February -  148.34 miles (avg. 5.3 miles per day)

Daily/Weekly/Monthly goals: Last year, I only had a 60% successful completion rate so I am aiming to do better than that this year.

1.     Daily – Name 3 things that I’m grateful for each morning. – I do this every morning before I get out of bed.

2.     Daily – A Photo A Day project – I’ve really enjoyed doing this every day.

3.     Weekly – Contact a friend and tell them something nice. – I really like doing this.
a.     January - I went out to lunch with my friend Sandy one week and I’ve contacted others through Facebook.  
b.     Contacted long distance friends on Facebook and wished them happy birthday!

4.     Weekly – Work in my yard/garden at least once a week.
a.     January - It has been too cold in January to do too much but I’ve blown the leaves out of the driveway, raked leaves in the back yard, and fed my worms.
b.     February – raked leaves out of the backyard, removed branches that have littered the yard.

5.     Monthly – Knit 10 squares on my Mitered Square Sock Yarn blanket.
a.     January – completed 10 squares
b.     February – completed 15 squares

6.     Monthly - Read one non-fiction book every month. I really enjoyed doing this last year and it forced me to read books out of my comfort zone.
a.     January – The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
b.     February - The Roosevelts: An Intimate History by Geoffrey C. Ward and Ken Burns

How are you doing so far with your goals? Join me in the monthly review and let me know how you are doing!


Image: 'Goals' 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68131855@N00/739519564
Found on 
flickrcc.net

No comments: