Monday, February 3, 2014

Monthly Review of Goals from January

Goals Now that January is done, I want to see how I’m doing with my goals to this point. All of my goals can be found here.

Yearly goals:

  1. Try at least 12 new recipes (one per month). – I made Quick Quinoa Meatballs.
  2. Reach my target weight by the end of the year. – I lost 2 lbs. in January.
  3. Knit a Fair Isle vest. (not started yet)
  4. Learn to chain ply some handspun yarn. (not started yet)
  5. Dye yarn and fiber. (not started yet)
  6. Spin my camel, yak, and cashmere fiber. - finished my camel/merino/silk blend fiber.

Daily/Weekly/Monthly goals:

  1. Daily - Read the bible and keep a log so I can tell how I am doing. – I’ve read it every day in January.
  2. Daily - Do strength exercises for 30 minutes each day. – I have done this every day.
  3. Weekly - Walk at least 10,000 steps for 4 days every week. – I’ve done this and sometimes managed to do it more than 4 days each week.
  4. Weekly - Keep a journal and write down 5 things that I’m thankful for. – Every Sunday I take time to jot down the 5 things.
  5. Monthly - Read one non-fiction book every month. – I read Life in Stitches by Rachel Herron.

I’m pretty happy with how this month has gone. I’ve accomplished the smaller daily/weekly/monthly goals without any problems. The yearly goals are coming along fine also.

Image: 'Goals
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68131855@N00/739519564
Found on flickrcc.net

No comments: