Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Bill the Boy Wonder, The Secret Co-Creator of Batman - A Book Review

BillBoyWonder_72ppiI recently read the book BILL:  THE BOY WONDER, THE SECRET CO-CREATOR OF BATMAN by Marc Tyler Nobleman ▪ illustrated by Ty Templeton which was mentioned on The Picnic Basket. This is the review that I gave the book (I am not being paid to give this review):

It is geared for ages 8 and up and looks like a simple picture book. Even though it looks like a simple book, the story was fascinating. It is a nonfiction story about someone that I had never heard of before. The story was so interesting that I couldn’t stop without reading the whole book and I would think students would feel the same way. I think this would be a great book for the classroom and a school library. This book would be great for classroom discussions because there is an activity and discussion guide that goes with it. Themes would include writing, struggling, comics, superheroes, design, plots, teamwork, standing up for yourself, friendships, and investigation. There were opportunities to learn new vocabulary throughout the story.

I would definitely give this book a 5 out of 5!

No comments: