Thursday, October 21, 2010

Crow - A Book Review

Crow - A Book Review

CROW_COVER I recently read the book Crow written and illustrated by Leo Timmers which was mentioned on The Picnic Basket. This is the review that I gave the book (I am not being paid to give this review):

I loved this book because of the illustrations and the story. The story is not the way things should be but rather realistic on the way things really are in life. The illustrations were fun to look at, colorful, and very appealing. I think this book could be better used for upper elementary school to high school students. Of course at a young age, this could be used for reading. But many people think that high school age students couldn’t benefit from young children’s books but I think the lessons learned could be very effective at this older age also. Topics for discussion using this book can be cultural diversity, new students, being different, peer pressure, perceptions, and social skills. A discussion on how people do things to fit in and how others accept them would be a great discussion starter. During this week, I have seen many things in the news that could be connected to this theme. I’m really glad I had a chance to read this!

Posted on the Successful Teaching Blog by loonyhiker (successfulteaching at gmail dot com).

Posted on the Successful Teaching Blog by loonyhiker (successfulteaching at gmail dot com).

No comments: