Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Basilisk's Lair - A Book Review

NATHANIEL_FLUDD_BASILISK'S_LAIR I recently read the book The Basilisk's Lair by R. L. LaFevers which was mentioned on The Picnic Basket. This is the review that I gave the book (I am not being paid to give this review):

I thought this was a great book and would give it 5 out of 5. Even though I did not read the first book (This is book 2), it was a fun adventure for the reader. This young boy is training to be a beastologist with his aunt and seem to go on adventures looking for beasts. I think middle school students would enjoy reading this and it was just the right length. There were some great vocabulary words that could be used for learning in the classroom. I think this book would be appealing for boys because they could imagine that they were the hero of the story. I now want to go out and find book 1 and can’t wait for book 3 to come out! I could see this being added to a school library collection.

Posted on the Successful Teaching Blog by loonyhiker (successfulteaching at gmail dot com).

1 comment:

Sioux said...

Pat--This is an author I am unfamiliar with. The books sounds like one I should check out. Thanks for the recommendation.