Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Extraordinary - A Book Review

EXTRAORDINARY I recently read the book Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin which was mentioned on The Picnic Basket. This is the review that I gave the book (I am not being paid to give this review):

I would give this book 5 out of 5. This book is appropriate for a young adult and I really think they would enjoy it. This book deals with peer pressure, loyalty, mother-daughter relationships, honesty, romantic relationships, and friendship. I was so caught up in the story that I couldn’t put the book down. I wanted to know more about the situation and it made me very curious. I like the way the main character was developed and feel that she could have been me. I like the whole idea about what is ordinary and what is not. Too many young people feel that they are ordinary and this may help them see that everyone is extraordinary in their own way. I also liked the mixture of fantasy and real life throughout the book. I would recommend using this in a high school library.

Posted on the Successful Teaching Blog by loonyhiker (successfulteaching at gmail dot com).

No comments: