Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Buddy Zooka: In the French Quarter And Beyond - A Book Review

BuddyZookaI recently read the book Buddy Zooka: In the French Quarter And Beyond by Tracey Tangerine which was mentioned on The Picnic Basket. This is the review that I gave the book (I am not being paid to give this review):

I would give this book 5 out of 5. I liked the cover (even though I know you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover!) and I love d the stories in the book. I could see this book being read aloud to children. The main character is a lot of fun and full of adventures. Even the setting is a great place full of adventure and the author describes the place so well that the reader can picture everything happening in the story. I like that the chapters are short enough to keep the reader’s interest. I could see this being a great lead in to talking about geography, social skills, as well as a great vocabulary lesson. The chapters are short enough to stand alone as a separate story and would not be overwhelming for many students. I would also incorporate art with the stories and allow the student’s imagination to run wild. I would definitely recommend this for teachers to use in the classroom.

Posted on the Successful Teaching Blog by loonyhiker (successfulteaching at gmail dot com).

No comments: