Monday, December 21, 2009

My Passion

passion In Passionate Learning: Always in "WOW" Mode from Angela Maiers Educational Services by Angela Maiers, she writes,

“Choosing passion is to be wholeheartedly committed to the purpose of achieving results and adding value. Choosing passion requires working with enthusiasm, energy, vigor, and determination to create and construct something meaningful. Choosing passion puts us and those around us in "wow" mode. Often, if not always… What else? Fill me in?  Passion is _________________”

Passion is my love of teaching.

Passion is seeing the goodness in the world.

Passion is my desire to help others.

Passion is jumping in with both feet without ever looking over your shoulder.

Passion is feeling wonderful as you watch the smile on a student’s face grow when they “get it!”

Passion is never giving up when the going gets tough.

Passion is absolute joy in doing whatever I’m involved with.

I really can’t imagine teaching without passion in my heart. Without it, I think I would have become a bitter and unhappy teacher. Unfortunately I have seen those teachers in the classroom and wonder why they stay in the profession. Could it be the money? No, those pay checks aren’t worth it. Maybe it is the sense of power? I don’t know. But I know that I couldn’t do that if I didn’t have passion for teaching. My husband is always telling me when we are in vacation, there are times I still slip into “teacher mode.” If I see children misbehaving out of sight of their parents, I still can give the “look” or say something that makes them stop in their tracks. If someone is having a problem, I have no trouble stepping in and helping. I think God put me in this world for that purpose and I better do my job!

Do you have other ways to finish the sentence? Give it a try! It’s a lot of fun. Maybe it will help you reflect and be more successful in the classroom.

Original image: 'George At The Canter'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7228406@N03/3487242690 by: LORAINE DAVIS

No comments: