Monday, June 24, 2024

SPAM Museum

Today we left Iowa City and headed towards Minnesota. It was dark and overcast most of the way. When we reached the SPAM museum in Austin, it started raining. This is about the third time we have been here and enjoyed the exhibits. A girl came around with samples and we tried the Spam with bacon and the Spam Teriyaki. We went to the souvenir shop and bought some SPAM souvenirs. Then we went to Kenny’s Oak Grill for lunch ($20). Don had a salad which cost more than my hamburger and chips!

I called the Hampton Inn in Rochester where we have a reservation for tomorrow night and they had a vacancy for tonight also. Since it was pouring down rain, we decided to just go and relax. She was able to give me a much cheaper rate for both nights (as a Mayo patient) so I’m glad I called. We like this hotel because they serve soup in the evenings.









No comments: