Thursday, October 6, 2022

2022 Goals Review for September

September seemed to really go by fast. I went to a knitting retreat in the middle of September and we really overate during this time.

1. Lose 5 lbs. – No change since last month. I’m not sure I will accomplish this goal this year. 


2. Finish my national park blanket. - complete!


3. Year of the Gnome - knit at least one gnome a month. Completed 9 gnomes.


4. Knit a sweater. - Complete!

 

5. Yarn - more out than in (use more yardage than I buy) – I started the Camp Along blanket, and a pair of socks this month but I really didn’t get anything finished.

-Yarn used - 7005 yds.

-Yarn bought - 10050 yds.

 

6. Design 3 new patterns. – Finished one sock design and a cowl design.

 

7. Learn something new. -  Complete! I’m mosaic crocheting a blanket and dabbling with watercolor painting. I also added embroidery this month which I haven’t done since I was a child.

 

8. Read 12 nonfiction books - read 10 books so far.         

-A Serial Killer's Daughter: My Story of Faith, Love, and Overcoming by Kerri Rawson

-Chinese Cinderella: The True Story of an Unwanted Daughter by Adeline Yen Mah

-Captive: A Mother's Crusade to Save Her Daughter from a Terrifying Cult by Catherine Oxenberg      

-That Time of Year: A Minnesota Life by Garrison Keillor

- The Cat I Never Named : A True Story of Love, War, and Survival by Amra Sabic-El-Rayess, Laura Sullivan

-The Splendid and the Vile: A Saga of Churchill, Family, and Defiance During the Blitz

by Erik Larson

-Live Fearless: A Call to Power, Passion, and Purpose by Sadie Robertson

-Battle of Brothers: William and Harry – The Inside Story of a Family in Tumult by Robert Lacey

-The Opposite of Fate: Memories of a Writing Life by Amy Tan

-Going Solo by Roald Dahl

 

How is your progress towards your goals? Please share.

 

Photo by Adam Winger on Unsplash 

No comments: