Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Respecting Other People’s Decisions

I recently posted this on Facebook and I thought I would post it here because it really explains what I feel. I believe that as an intelligent person, I can make my own decision about my health without being pressured by others. I will do what is right for myself and my family. Whatever health decision I make will not be motivated by politics or peer pressure.

(I don't usually copy and paste but I liked and agreed with this message.)

For my friends who have recently gotten their shot or who know they will get one soon, I’m happy for you. I can see how relieved you are and I’m so glad that this option is available!

For my friends who are in the hellz no group, I want to throw some love and respect your way, too.

The wonderful thing about informed consent is that two people with the same information, can make two completely different choices and neither of them is right or wrong

There are benefits and risks to every medical procedure. Doing the “right thing” means you’ve weighed the risks and benefits for yourself, and are making an informed decision! The only wrong decision IMO is made purely out of fear, social pressure, or emotional reactivity.

What’s right for one person, maybe wrong for the other. Both, on an intuitive and biological level. We’re all doing the best we can with the information and we have been given, so can this just be a gentle reminder *for all* to please respect each other and be mindful of the message we put out there making others “wrong”?

Reminder - this information is also part of one's personal health information act and you have the right to not answer when asked whether you choose to get vaccinated or not

So whether you choose;
CV shot
No shot
Tequila shot
You’re okay in my books and I respect YOUR DECISION


When I’m asked if I had the vaccine or not, my answer is this:

I have stopped answering that question because it is a personal decision and no matter what my answer is, it will create controversy from one side or the other. I do not want to have any more contention in my life than I already have. Asking this question ranks right up there with asking me my political affiliation or my religious beliefs.

So, let’s talk about the weather…


Photo by Florian Schmetz on Unsplash

1 comment:

doug0077 said...

Pat,

May I respectfully disagree...

http://doug-johnson.squarespace.com/blue-skunk-blog/2021/5/26/you-owe-people-your-opinion-who-knows-someone-might-listen.html

Doug