Thursday, October 1, 2020

2020 Goals Review for September


I really worked hard on my goals during September. We ate a lot of salads and I added interval jogging into my exercise workout. It was a really nice month! I enjoyed my birthday this year too!

1. Lose 5 lbs. Hopefully this year I will be able to meet this goal. – This month I reached my goal but I won’t count it complete until the end of the year. I want to make sure that I keep it off!

10,000 Steps +
Jan 48%
Feb 66%
Mar 77%
Apr 70%
May 19%
Jun 73%
Jul 94%
Aug 87%
Sep 84%

2. Crafts – Completed
a. Knit 12 squares on my national park blanket. I have a total of 35 completed now. (There are 60                squares in the pattern, and this is year 3 of the project.)
i. Completed 13 squares this year
b. Charity – I want to crochet at least 3 prayer shawls and make 10 more NICU hats.
i. January – prayer shawl completed
ii. February – prayer shawl completed
iii. June – prayer shawl complete 
iv. July – 5 NICU hats. 
v. September - 5 NICU hats 
c. Knit a sweater. – Completed the Ground Pepper Sweater
d. Knit a ZigZag scarf – Completed
e. Repair the neckline on the Henley sweater I made a few years ago. – I looked at the sweater and realized that to fix the neckline, I would have to rip out both button bands and at this time, I’m not sure I want to do all that work so this goal probably won’t happen. I should receive partial credit for at least looking at it and considering it.

3. Read 12 nonfiction books that are related to nature. – Completed
a. The Eighty Dollar Champion: Snowman, The Horse That Inspired A Nation by Elizabeth Letts
b. A Lion Called Christian: The True Story of the Remarkable Bond between Two Friends and a Lion by Anthony Bourke and John Rendall
c. The Adventures of Henry Thoreau: A Young Man's Unlikely Path to Walden Pond by Michael Sims d. The Story of My Boyhood and Youth by John Muir
e. The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating by Elisabeth Tova Bailey
f. The Invention of Nature: Alexander von Humboldt's New World by Andrea Wulf
g. The House of Owls by Tony Angell
h. Forces of Nature by Brian Cox
i. The Nature Fix by Florence Williams
j. H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald
k. The Honey Bus: A Memoir of Loss, Courage and a Girl Saved by Bees by Meredith May
l. Vanishing Fleece: Adventures in American Wool by Clara Parkes How is your progress towards your goals? Please share.

No comments: