Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Looking Ahead

PlanningIt is now November and I’m already starting to think about my goals for next year. I am thinking about what I want to accomplish next year.

I think I want to work on goals in the following areas:

Personal improvement, crafts, hiking, reading.

I am thinking about ways to improve my health and eating habits.

I also want to improve my knitting and spinning skills.

I want to be out hiking more.

I want to push myself to read things out of my normal reading habits.

I don’t have any definite goals yet but I want to have a rough idea of where I want to go.

During the next month I plan on writing more specific goals that I plan on working towards for 2015. I don’t want to just write down some goals that I thought up quickly. I want to think and plan hard for next year.

Sometimes in my classroom, I expect my students to come up with these goals or come up with decisions at a moment’s notice. I don’t give them enough time to think about them and do some planning. Just like I am planning ahead of time, I need to give my students the same amount of planning time.

Are you thinking about your goals for next year? What major areas of your life do you need to work on? Please share.

Image: 'Maze Puzzle (Blender)'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/61423903@N06/7369580478
Found on flickrcc.net

No comments: