Monday, July 29, 2013

Summer Learning Place 2013 Week 3

011This week went well! I enjoy observing my young teachers and learning new techniques. I also like reading their blogs and seeing the lesson from their perspective. I saw math lessons using marshmallows and fruit loops to teach place value. I saw some teachers using the iPad, songs to remember phonics, and learning centers. I had a couple people from Furman visiting and I was very proud of the teachers and the children.

Next week is our last week for the program and everyone is preparing for the closing ceremony on Thursday. I invited a lot of important people from Furman but I’m not sure who will show up. Each class will do some kind of performance and I can’t wait to see it. Hopefully, I will be able to video the ceremony and post it here.

Have a great week!

No comments: