Monday, October 15, 2012

Who’s In My Family - A Book Review

WHO'S IN MY FAMILYI recently read the book WHO'S IN MY FAMILY?: All About Our Families (Let's Talk About You and Me series) by Robie H. Harris ▪ illustrated by Nadine Bernard Westcott mentioned on The Picnic Basket. This is the review that I gave the book (I am not being paid to give this review):

This book was a fantastic book! What a great book to use to teach the concept of families to young children. It talks about different types of families that exist whether traditional family, step-families, or other types. It also talks about things that families like to do together and how family member support each other. The illustrations are awesome to so that students can visualize the concepts. There are many opportunities for young children to learn new vocabulary. I would definitely use this in a classroom with young children!

I enjoyed this book and would definitely give it 5 out of 5!

No comments: