Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Another Life - A Book Review

Another LifeI recently read the book Another Life by Keren David. This book was sent to me because I had written reviews on an earlier book, When I was Joe (the first book in the series) and the sequel, Almost True. This is the review that I gave the book (I am not being paid to give this review).

Another Life was the 3rd book in this series. It tells the rest of the story of Ty (or Joe), a teenager who had witnessed a murder and was in the witness protection program. This book is seen mostly through the eyes of Ty’s cousin, Archie. I enjoyed the book because it concluded the agonizing story of Ty’s constant running from the people who are out to kill him. For some reason I didn’t enjoy this book as much as I did the second book. Archie’s life seemed filled with confusion with the addition of drugs, thoughts of girls, and envy of his cousin. Yet, even though it wasn’t as good as the second book, I’m glad that I read it. I had to know what happens to Ty. I felt emotionally connected to the characters in the book and I needed to know that everything turned out okay.

I would also recommend this book for the high school library but only if you have the first two books. I think this book would be a little flat if you hadn’t read the first two books. I wouldn’t be surprised if someday a movie is made out of this trilogy because I think teens could really relate to the characters and the emotions involved throughout the story. The author hit the nail on the head when she was working on character development.

So, now that I’ve reviewed all three books, I would encourage you to give them a try. I’m glad I did.

No comments: