Thursday, August 16, 2012

Reconnecting with Nature

003Sometimes I just like to get away and disconnect. It revitalizes me for the times I am connected. (We decided to go camping where I have no internet access and no phone service so if you are reading this, I am back home again.)

As I sit here and write this, I am in the wilderness sitting around a campfire waiting for the sun to come up. I have been listening to the owls as they call to each other in the dark. Above me the stars are still shining brightly. There is a brisk feel to the air so decided to start the campfire (more for comfort than for heat). When the owls are quiet, I love the stillness in the air.

Before long, the sky will get lighter and birds will emerge looking for breakfast. I love the feel of a fresh new day. I love to watch the world wake up. As I sit here quietly, I might luckily watch the deer come out looking for their breakfast too. It is a magical world and sometimes I forget about this.

Last night I fell asleep in our tent listening to the crickets and the tree frogs. It was like a night time symphony. This morning, I no longer here them and all is quiet (except for when the owls are calling each other).

Sometimes I need to get outdoors and reconnect with nature. It makes me feel wonderful!

Original Photo by Pat Hensley

2 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Yes, Pat...Getting away to disconnect often helps us reconnect. There is a "monkery" (an abbey) that I love to go to disconnect. It's isolated, no TV, no cell phone connection, no distractions...

Anonymous said...

This is so very true! Nature truly revitalizes the soul and can have a tremendous impact on our lives when we stop, listen, feel, live.