Friday, January 29, 2010

Useful Information In and Out of the Classroom 1/29/10

tool1 Here are some interesting sites that I’ve found this week, thanks to my Personal Learning Network (PLN). As a teacher, I feel we have to keep up to date concerning research in our field and current issues in the education system. I hope some of these inspire you, inform you, and even have you asking questions. Thank you for coming by and visiting!

Tobacco Control – “virtual classroom on tobacco control”

MathMovesU.com - MathMovesU.com will supplement your classroom curriculum. It's designed to help middle school math students practice and improve their math skills. MMU combines stuff kids are into like music, sports & fashion with algebra, geometry, decimals, fractions & word problems.

CarrotSticks – “CarrotSticks is an online multiplayer game that improves math skills for 1st - 5th graders as they practice and compete with peers around the world!”

Stykz – “Stykz is the first multi-platform stick figure animation program in the world (as far as we know!), and it is COMPLETELY FREE!”

International Special Educator Burnout Research Study - Here is a site for special educators to signup to participate in the study.  Please share this link with others!

Posted on the Successful Teaching Blog by loonyhiker (successfulteaching at gmail dot com).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your blog?
My website is in the exact same area of interest as yours and my visitors would certainly benefit
from a lot of the information you provide here.

Please let me know if this ok with you. Thank you!

loonyhiker said...

That would be fine. May I get the link to your website because I may interested in your content for myself too. Thanks.