Friday, February 6, 2009

Useful Information In and Out of the Classroom 02/06/09

Here are some interesting sites that I’ve found this week, thanks to my PLN. As a teacher, I feel we have to keep up to date concerning research in our field and current issues in the education system. I hope some of these inspire you, inform you, and even have you asking questions. Thank you for coming by and visiting!

Quizlet – “Browse and use millions of flashcards created by other students and teachers, or create your own.”

Capzles – “combine videos, photos, blogs, and mp3s into rich, multimedia storylines.”

EasyBib - The Free Automatic Bibliography & Citation Maker

Newspaper Clipping Image Generator – make your own newspaper clipping

Mathematics in Movies – “This is a collection of movie clips in which Mathematics appears.”

4 comments:

Penny Ryder said...

Thanks again for sharing the links you find. As always you offer great stuff that we can use straight away. The newspaper one is perfect for a mini unit I'm starting this week on newspapers!

M-Dawg said...

Great links as usual.

My SPED co-teacher uses Quizlet with our students for review games. Our kids love it!

I forwarded the link for the Math in Movies to my Math teacher friend. It's a great link because our school blocks YouTube and this is a more creative way to show clips in the classroom.

Becky Herl said...

Great resources. Thanks for sharing. Math in movies was a site that I had not heard of yet. Will pass that on to our math teachers.

loonyhiker said...

I'm so glad y'all found the links useful. I love to hear which ones you liked and/or how it is being used in the classroom. Thanks for leaving your comments.