Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Summer Time Heat

It’s summer time and I just can’t seem to be motivated to do much in this heat. 

On July 1, I started teaching my university course which luckily keeps me indoors most of the morning. 


Of course, this means that we have to go to breakfast early and I can’t get out in the yard to work in the yard before it gets too hot. On the weekend,, it was cloudy so I got outside and worked in the yard. I spend most of the day in my sunroom with the shades down to keep out the heat and I feel like I’m in a cave! 


Our blueberry crop is finally at the end of its run but we got lots of blueberries this year. Not only did we get some but so did two of our neighbors. I loved being able to share with them. We have a few figs on the tree but I'm not sure I will be able to get to them before the squirrels do.



Staying indoors has helped me get some knitting done. I started a summer sweater (the Salty Air Tee), finished a pair of socks, and knitted many charity dishcloths. 





So far, July has been a productive month! 


No comments: