Tuesday, June 1, 2021

2021 Goals Review for May

This month was a stressful month. Don had cataract surgery this month and the two surgeries were two weeks apart. This means he couldn’t exert himself where he was sweating because he couldn’t get sweat in his eyes. It also involved lots of eye drops which meant we couldn’t go far from the house. Being home meant that I was able to work in the yard a lot and I did that more than exercising.

Goals: I worked on 2 of my goals this month.

1. Lose 5 lbs. –.My weight remained the same this month but I honestly didn’t focus on it at all this month.

2. Knit 12 squares on my national park blanket. (There are 60 squares in the pattern and this is year 4 of the project.) – 47 squares complete. I made 1 square this month for a total of 8 this year. 

3. Knit a sweater. – I finished the Nesting Cardigan and I finished The Rocket Tee. – completed!

4. Design 3 new patterns – I published two designs (The Chinese New Year Cowl and the Double Happiness Socks).

5. Read 12 nonfiction books. - I didn’t read any nonfiction this month but I’m 2 months ahead of schedule though.)

a. Counting by Deborah Stone
b. My Paddle to the Sea by John Lane
c. Late Migrations: A Natural History of Love and Loss by Margaret Renkl
d. Girl Sleuth: Nancy Drew and the Women Who Created Her by Melanie Rehak
e. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
f. The Last Castle by Denise Kiernan
g. The Body by Bill Bryson

How is your progress towards your goals? Please share.

 

Photo by S O C I A L . C U T on Unsplash

No comments: