Friday, July 27, 2012

Useful Information In and Out of the Classroom 7/27/12

tools2Here are some interesting sites that I’ve found this week, thanks to my PLN. As a teacher, I feel we have to keep up to date concerning research in our field and current issues in the education system. I hope some of these inspire you, inform you, and even have you asking questions. Thank you for coming by and visiting!

Note: Each resource is labeled with a level and subject area to make it easier to use.

Levels: E: Elementary; M: Middle; H: High; G: General, all levels; SN: Special Needs; T: Teachers

Subject Areas: LA: Language Arts, English, Reading, Writing; M: Math; S: Science; Health; SS: Social Studies, Current Events; FA: Fine Arts; Music, Art, Drama; FL: Foreign Language; PE: Physical Ed; C: Career; A: All

The Cat in the Hat - educational games (L: E ; SA: A)

SFMOMA: Explore Modern Art - interactive pages about art and the stories behind them. (L: G ; SA: FA )

The Global Economy - “Learn about economies of different countries.” (L: H; SA: SS)

Old Maps Online - See old maps of the area where you live (L: G; SA: SS)

SideVibe - “A simple way to place useful, formative classroom lessons over any Web page. Our Vibe© innovation takes away handout clutter and improves student learning with the Web” (L:T ; SA: A)

Original Image: Tools by Pat Hensley

1 comment:

Writing an abstract said...

Thanks a lot for sharing. You have done a amazing job. Your content is truly appropriate to my research at this time, and I am really satisfied I found your web page. However, I would like to see more information about this subject. I'm going to keep returning here.