Monday, September 21, 2009

Autistic Boy on America’s Got Talent

This is a video from last year but I had never seen it and wanted to share it with you. It is truly heartwarming to see this and is further proof that we need to encourage our student’s strengths instead of focusing on their disabilities. This boy is autistic but extremely talented. After seeing this video the teacher in me began to think of ways to use this talent to teach this student in my classroom. There would be so many ways to incorporate his love of music and singing to teach all subjects. Information to be learned could be put into a song. Reading words of the songs would improve reading skills. Now if I could just look at each of my student’s talents, maybe I could help them all be successful in the future.

1 comment:

Kristin Whiting said...

I love your website. I just started a blog and you are an inspiration.