Friday, March 20, 2009

Useful Information In and Out of the Classroom 03/20/09

Here are some interesting sites that I’ve found this week, thanks to my PLN (personal/professional learning network). As a teacher, I feel we have to keep up to date concerning research in our field and current issues in the education system. I hope some of these inspire you, inform you, and even have you asking questions. Thank you for coming by and visiting!

Timesavers for Teachers – “TIMESAVERS for TEACHERS specializes in printable, often-used classroom forms, report card comments, spelling activities, practical teacher tools, worksheets and downloadable teaching materials designed to save teachers valuable time.”

Ology – this is a really cool web site for kids created by the American Museum of Natural History.

The Elements Song – song about the elements in the periodic table

The Biochemists Songbook mp3 files - songs about different science processes

The Tale of Despereaux – a story where you (or someone you know) is part of the story

Original image: 'Ordnung' http://www.flickr.com/photos/79504817@N00/3161081439

2 comments:

Keith Schoch said...

Nice sites.

I don't mind appearing dumb in order to learn something, so I'll ask...

What is a PLN?

Keith at
http://teachingthatsticks.blogspot.com

loonyhiker said...

Keith: Thanks so much for the reminder about using acronyms. PLN stands for personal/professional learning network. I will fix this in my post! Thanks for reading!