Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Gratitude Campaign

I saw this video on someone’s blog the other day The Gratitude Campaign (video) and just had to write about it.



I think it doesn’t matter what your political beliefs are or who you agree with, the people in the military do not get thanked enough. They agree to serve our country in whatever way they are told to do so. They do not get to make the decisions of where to go and what to do. I have been told by some people that I shouldn’t make a big deal because it is their job and they get paid to do so. Yet these people can lose their life doing their job just like policemen and firemen. Do you really think they get paid enough to risk their lives? How much is your life worth? If they rushed in to save your life, could you ever pay them enough? I know I couldn’t. Yet these people are doing it every day they are on the job. What about the families who worry about them, and sacrifice their time together so they can serve their country? I know of many people who have been deployed and had to put their regular lives on hold. Sure they get paid, but would you be willing to do that? I would not ever want to go in the military and I’m thankful for the ones who do want to be and are willing to do whatever it takes to keep me safe and free. So when you see someone who has protected our country and our rights, whether you agree with the politicians or not, please take time to say thank you.

No comments: