Friday, August 22, 2008

Useful Information In and Out of the Classroom 08/22/08

Here are some interesting sites that I’ve found interesting this week. As a teacher, I feel we have to keep up to date concerning research in our field and current issues in the education system. I hope some of these inspire you, inform you, and even have you asking questions. Thank you for coming by and visiting!

Free Technology Toolkit for UDL in All Classrooms – “My passion is to remove the obstacles to learning for all students and these free tools offer opportunities for struggling learners that promote academic success. When material is digital or electronic, it is flexible and accessible. It is our responsibility as educators to provide materials that promote success. Please encourage all educators to consider using these free tools.”

Interactive Games by Multiplication.com – great interactive learning games.

Tutpup Learning Games – “simple, fun, competitive games that help children learn and gain confidence with Maths, English and other key skills and knowledge.”

Imagination Cubed – Use drawing tools to make your own drawings and save them. It’s a lot of fun. There are shapes and stamps too.

100 Unbelievably Useful Reference Sites You’ve Never Heard Of

2 comments:

M-Dawg said...

I enjoyed the Imagination Cube site - it proves I have no artistic ablity whatsoever. :-)

And, I liked the sources you've never heard of link. My favorite was the alive or dead site where you can look up info on what famous person is alive or dead. The categories are nicely divided up (actors, politicians, etc.) so it's easy to find who you are looking for within the site.

loonyhiker said...

m-dawg: glad you found some useful stuff. I like looking up trivia and found that so do my students. Usually the information is short and to the point which holds their attention.