Thursday, October 28, 2021

Happy Halloween

This Sunday, October 31, 2021, is Halloween.

I notice more and more neighborhoods are not having trick-or-treats for children. Unfortunately, the crazy people in the world have just made people feel too unsafe to go door to door. I remember when I was a child, I would trick or treat in the neighborhood for hours and we never had to worry about safety. But I remember my parents always checking my candy, to be on the safe side. I wasn’t allowed to eat any unwrapped candy even though there was never a problem with anything happening in our neighborhood.

Our city is blocking off Main St. to encourage the children to “trunk or treat” at all the businesses along the street. Some of the malls are allowing children to trick or treat at all the stores.

Whatever you do to celebrate Halloween, stay safe and stay healthy!

Photo by Bekir Dönmez on Unsplash

No comments: