Friday, September 21, 2007

Useful Information for In and Out of the Classroom 09/21/07

Once a week I would like to share some interesting sites that I’ve found. As a teacher, I feel we have to keep up to date concerning research in our field and current issues in the education system. I hope some of these inspire you, inform you, and even have you asking questions. If you have any sites you would like for me to check out, please let me know. Thank you for coming by and visiting!

Discipline Help: Identifies behaviors and gives suggestions on how to handle them.
Donors Choose: great page to ask for donations
Teaching Tolerance: “provides educators with free educational materials that promote respect for differences and appreciation of diversity in the classroom and beyond.”
Instructables: Step by step instructions on how to do things
National Teacher Shortage: Interesting facts and figures about the teacher shortage

Have a good weekend and I'll see you on Monday! Please let me know what you think of the links or my blog. I’d love to have comments!

2 comments:

Dodie said...

Pat ... thanks so much for creating this blog. As you know, I'm back into a "regular" classroom after several years in another type room.

I'm going to share this site with some of my colleagues who are newbies and some who are oldbies (is that a word???) who might need some new information!

CompooperTeacher

loonyhiker said...

Thanks Compooper Teacher! I'm hoping that I will be able to share some useful information with others. A lot of things I learned through trial and error and hope I can save others from making the same mistakes I have made.