Another month has flown by and it is now July! It is time to review my goals and see how I did last month. All of my goals can be found here.
For the year:
1. I want to spin the alpaca fiber that I processed with some wool. ( I accomplished this!)
2. I want to knit a sweater. (I am finished two this year! I finished The Old Man and the Sea cardigan by MSkiKnits last week.)
3. I want to dye yarn. (We have been doing lots of traveling in my new camper that I haven’t really had time to do this yet.)
4. I want to spruce up my gardens this year. (We have gotten three truckloads of mulch so far and I’ve done a lot of weeding! )
5. I won’t commit to more to more than I can handle. (I am still doing a great job with this so far. I’m finding out that saying no doesn’t make me hated by others and I feel so much better about myself!)
6. I will find something good in each day. (This has been challenging when we have hit some obstacles like our car having to be towed but we had AAA so it didn’t cost anything, the tow truck driver was nice, and we weren’t hurt even though our brakes went kerplooey!)
7. I will learn archery. (We only have 1 month left to use the coupon so I need to get on this!)
8. I will nurture old friendships. (We really weren’t home enough to do this. )
9. I will lose at least 20 lbs. this year. (I have lost 10 lbs. since I joined this online group and 15 lbs. overall since January. My hubby has even noticed a difference. I’m ecstatic!)
1. I will eat healthy. (I have learned that I need to eat at least 1200 calories so my body doesn’t go into starvation mode and starts storing sugars and fats. I had always thought eating less was better but I’m learning that is not the case.)
2. I will exercise. (I have been walking on the treadmill and walking in the park.)
3. I will stretch. (I haven’t done as well this month with this. I really need to start up my yoga again.)
4. I will read my bible. (I’ve gotten really slack this month! I need to get on the ball.)
5. I will do something that I have been avoiding. (I guess reading the bible has been one thing that I have avoided because I’ve come up with excuses. I need to do better about this.)
6. I will contact a friend and let them know I am thinking of them. (There are some elderly ladies that I think about and plan on dropping them a note in the mail. I still haven’t done this.)
7. I will be happy. (My hubby and I celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary in June! I am definitely happy!)
I think this month has been good but I can do better. I need to print out my goals again and tape them to my bathroom mirror so I can see them every day. Monthly reviews have helped but I need daily reminders!
Have you reviewed your goals or resolutions you made at the beginning of the year? How are you doing? If you haven’t achieved something yet, don’t give up. Just begin now.